The 40 over 40 Project is a celebration of women over the age of 40. In fact it’s a global movement to challenge the way society and the beauty industry thinks.
So many women 40 and over feel invisible – it’s an age that’s under-represented by the media and forgotten by society.
In your 40’s…
- pregnant women are medically termed ‘geriatric’
- you are targeted by the beauty industry with solutions to the so-called ‘problem areas’ of wrinkles, cellulite and grey hair – often represented by women in their 20’s and 30’s
- you are targeted by insurance, retirement funds, funeral payment plans, retirement holidays – often represented by women in their 70’s and 80’s
- your children may be growing up and gaining their independence fast. They may have moved out, and left you at home wondering what next. Or you may be in the thick of looking after them and you can’t remember who you were before kids!
- if your parents are alive, you may find you need to spend more time looking after them as they get older
- you may be peri-menopausal and struggling with weight gain, brain fog, and generally not feeling like yourself
I GIVE WOMEN A CHANCE TO FEEL SEEN, HEARD, CELEBRATED AND EMPOWERED.
I WANT TO HELP WOMEN TO FEEL PAMPERED AND LOOKED AFTER…
AND TO SHOW THEM HOW BEAUTIFUL THEY REALLY ARE.
I’ve met, photographed and interviewed so many amazing women already as part of this project. Women that want to celebrate a birthday; celebrate with their friends; celebrate themselves; celebrate their lives. Women that want to be a part of this amazing movement; want to feel good about themselves; want to rediscover themselves; want to challenge themselves.
Thank you so much for today’s experience, so lovely to feel glamorous and special!Jane
Jade was so friendly and welcoming that I felt totally at ease. The hair and make-up looked so natural that I felt comfortable as myself. An all-round great experience. Thank you!Cathy
So why is it called the 40 over 40 project? Well, I’m photographing and interviewing 40 women over the age of 40, to showcase how amazing this demographic really is. This project will culminate in a gallery-style exhibition event, where each woman involved will have one of their portraits on display along with a snippet of their story. This will be a wonderful celebration of womanhood and empowerment!
At the time of writing this blog, I have already booked 30 of the 40 women, so there’s only 10 spaces left! I’d love to complete the photography stage of this project during 2022 as I’m planning to hold the exhibition in March 2023.
Thank you for making me feel so welcome and at ease. I’ve never felt natural in front of the camera but you made me feel so relaxed – I actually enjoyed the shoot!Anne-Marie
I can’t thank you enough for my wonderful session with you. You made me feel so relaxed, special and beautiful. Any inhibitions I had just went away. The day has been fantastic!Sam
As women over 40, yes we’re getting older but no, that’s not a bad thing! Let’s celebrate the beauty of ageing, and learn to appreciate every curve, line, scar and grey hair!
If you would like to be a part of this project, please click here for more details